Date night can be challenging at times. It’s easy to get into a rut of always doing the same thing (dinner and a movie, anyone?) or maybe not doing anything at all! One great way to shake up date night is to play board games. Before I lose you, board games don’t have to be boring! There are plenty of amazing games out there that will have you engaging, laughing, and competing with your love.
Baylor University even did a study on couples and board games. Their findings showed that couples that played board games or created art together released oxytocin—also known as the “love hormone.” You can read more about that study here.
*This post contains affiliate links. For more info, visit our disclosures page.
Let’s get into our picks for the best board games for couples!
– Blokus Duo: This game is part puzzle, part strategy. There’s also a great 4-player version.
– Battleship: It’s a classic and is perfect for the couple that loves strategy.
– 7 Wonders Duel: This game is fun and competitive. It has great replayability.
– Scattegories: It’s a classic categories game. Bonus: Make your own prompts for a fun twist!
– Azul: Not only is this game beautifully designed, but it’s also a blast to play.
– Codenames Duet: This is a 2-player version of the wildly popular original Codenames.
– Harry Potter Hogwarts Battle: Defence Against the Dark Arts: For all you Potterheads out there, this 2-player deck building game will help you brush up on your spells while trying to defeat your opponent.
–Santorini: This game is very well made and is tons of fun. Build your city and race your way to the top! It’s perfect for fans of chess or checkers.
– Farkle: This simple dice game is affordable and easy to play. It easily works for both date nights and bigger groups.
– Patchwork: This quick, abstract strategy game is easy to learn and great to play over and over. It’s a great option if you want to keep your game time short!
–Escape Room The Game: These games are equally fun and challenging. Work together to solve the mystery!
Looking for more ways to ramp up your date night? Check out our conversation starter set!
We hope these game ideas help bring some quality time to your date night! Whatever you do with your sweetie, what matters most is carving out intentional time to be together.