Looking to ignite some passion in your marriage? Date your spouse! One of the best things you can do to heat things up in your relationship is to remember what you did before you got married. And it’s way easier than you think to spice things up. Here are 5 simple ways to show your honey some love this week.
- Shave your legs. I totally get it. You wear pants to work, and ain’t nobody got time to think about your prickly legs. But seriously, it only takes an extra 2-3 minutes in the shower to let your love know you care. And trust me, you’ll be glad you did this one, too.
- Compliment instead of complain. Think back to last week. Were you mostly nagging your boo for the thousandth time to do what you asked them to? Did you catch them doing more things wrong than right? Complaining is a sure-fire way to dampen your relationship. Instead of complaining when you catch them doing the wrong thing, choose instead to encourage them when you catch them doing the right thing. This week, try to compliment more than complain.
- Brush your hair. Some weeks, it’s totally understandable to slather on the dry shampoo and throw up the messy bun three days in a row. And while you know they love you just the way you are, it’s nice to show you still care by stepping it up sometimes. Brush your hair, put on some lipstick, & dress to impress with a date-worthy look at home.
- Cook a meal. Popcorn & cereal are my dinner staples—I love them with all my heart. But cooking for my boo bear is special & means a lot to them. It doesn’t have to be super fancy—just make what you can. Who knows? The heat may make you both get out of the kitchen.
- Get frisky. This one’s a little self-explanatory. It’s good to get a little handsy when it’s not date night. Surprise your love with some extra snuggles, hugs, or sexy time this week. Since you shaved your legs, why not?
Try these 5 tips and you’ll be winning #relationshipgoals.