Conversation is a key component to any relationship. Whether it’s light-hearted small talk or deep intimate conversations, communication helps keep a relationship healthy and thriving.
These questions are a great way to create unique conversation that may not come up organically.
How do we use these?
Don’t feel pressured the tackle all of these in one date night. Pick a few to start with and let the communication flow from there. It’s ok to have a few pauses to let the conversation breathe and to give each other time to fully express yourselves. We’ve broken them down into various groups/topics so you can pick what fits your date night best!
Below you will find some of our best conversation starters to help keep that spark alive!
About you, me, and our relationship
- What are 3 small details you love about me?
- What’s one thing I don’t know about you?
- What’s one quirky trait I have that you like? What about in our relationship?
- What are the most special memories you have of us?
- What really excites you about our relationship right now?
- Fill in the blank: You make me a better version of myself by _____.
- What are some of the positive changes you’ve seen in yourself since we’ve been together?
- What about our relationship are you most proud of?
- What’s something you dream about for our future?
- What have you done lately that you’re proud of? (Don’t play the humble card—share!)
Want even more amazing conversation starters? Download our free conversation starter printable set here!
Lighthearted and fun!
- What’s your favorite store to go shopping at? Why?
- What’s your favorite nickname that people call you?
- What color do you think you look best in? Do you have a favorite outfit?
- What’s one bad habit you wish you could get rid of? Why?
- If you had to compare yourself to a restaurant, which one would it be?
- What’s your favorite food? What’s your least favorite?
- What’s your favorite movie? Do you have a favorite scene from it?
- If you had an extra $50 to spend, what would you buy?
- If you were a character from a TV sitcom, who would you be?
- What would you request as your last meal?
We hope that these conversation starters will help give you and your boo some much-needed quality time talking, laughing and reminiscing.
Did you know that all of our curated dates come with fantastic conversation starters? Learn more about our monthly digital dates and in-home dates! We even have a discount provided in the links especially for you!