Yeah, sure. Next week, on Valentine’s Day, you can call your favorite pizza chain and order a heart-shaped pizza, BUT did you see how hard they failed across the board last year?
Ordered a heart shaped pizza from @PapaJohns #HappyValentinesDay #PinterestFail this looks nothing like a heart. More like a butt. pic.twitter.com/LkIiIpkbjS
— Isabel Macias (@419ys_am) February 15, 2017
@PapaJohns I literally feel disrespected by this "heart shaped" pizza. Thanks for ruining my Valentine's Day.😭😭 pic.twitter.com/J7wDBElsCO
— Lilly🌓 (@_liiilllllly_) February 15, 2017
Hey, you’re calling the shots…But me and my boo? We’re taking this into our own hands.
Whether you want to make it February 9th for National Pizza Day or you want to give it a go on Valentine’s Day—or both, I promise I won’t judge—this heart-shaped pizza recipe is foolproof.
- Pre-made pizza dough (try Trader Joe’s or Papa Murphy’s) – or make it from scratch
- Your favorite pizza sauce or marinara
- Shredded mozzarella cheese (make it fancy with fresh mozz)
- Optional: corn meal
- Separate dough into 2 parts
- Roll out dough and shape into hearts
- Pull center bottom to make a point and push top-middle toward the center, shaping further as needed
- Move dough hearts onto baking sheet
- Optional: Sprinkle cornmeal on baking sheets to prevent sticking
- Spoon on sauce and spread, then top with cheese and pepperoni
- Bake at 450 degrees until crust is golden and cheese is melty
*Bonus: Make it extra flirty by cutting the pepperonis into hearts.
Show us a piz-za your heart on Instagram and Facebook using #honeyandboo!