Hey, love birds! I bet you’ve been so caught up in Valentine’s Day that you didn’t even realize it’s also National Cherry Pie Day! The good thing is that we’ve got ya covered. These mini heart-shaped cherry pies are oh-so-easy and make the best bite-sized dessert for tonight’s festivities. Make them together or make them as a surprise for your boo—either way, it’s a win because you get pie! 😉
- 1 box refrigerated pie crust
- 11 oz cherry pie filling/jam
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup confectioners sugar
- Parchment paper
- Heart-shaped cookie cutter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out pie crust.
- Use cookie cutter to cut 16-20 hearts (8-10 pies). Reroll scraps as needed.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together egg and 1 tbsp milk to make an egg wash.
- Place half of the hearts on prepared pan(s).
- Use egg wash to wet the edges of the hearts.
- Place a small amount of the pie filling in the center of each heart.
- Make a small x cut in the center of the remaining half of the hearts.
- Place an x heart on top of each filled heart, then press and crimp edges with a fork.
- Brush sealed pie with egg wash.
- Combine remaining milk and confectioners sugar to make icing.
- Bake 14-16 minutes or until crust is golden.
- Let cool.
- Drizzle icing over the pies.
Bonus: Make them with cake pop sticks for a cute little selfie of you and boo tonight! Share it on social with #honeyandboo so we can see your cute faces!