Hot chocolate is a must-have for cold winter days. Nothing’s better than snuggling up with your sweetie & a warm mug of cocoa. It’s easy to grab a packet of powder, but homemade hot chocolate with simple ingredients is the best way to go.
Here’s our favorite hot chocolate recipe from A Couple Cooks:
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups soy milk (or milk)
- In a glass measuring cup, place 3 tablespoons cocoa powder, 2 tablespoons honey, ¼ cup water, and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon. Microwave on high for about 20 seconds. (Alternatively, for the stovetop method, place these ingredients in a pan over medium heat.) Once heated, whisk the ingredients together until they form a smooth chocolate slurry.
- Add a bit of the soy milk and whisk it in to temper the hot mixture. Once it’s incorporated, add the remainder of the 2 cups of milk.
- Microwave for another 2½ to 3 minutes until hot. (For the stovetop method, heat the mixture over medium heat until hot, taking care to not let it boil.) Pour into mugs and enjoy.
Cheers to enjoying this on your next wintertime date!